What Is The Spiderman Plank?
The Spiderman plank is one of the hardest and most effective exercises you can do. The spiderman plank is a progression movement from a normal prone position plank. Therefore, it is more advanced than a normal prone plank.
If you’re looking for a new challenge to take your fitness routine up a notch, then this exercise is for you. The following blog post will introduce some variations on the spiderman plank that are sure to make your core quiver with delight while also getting your heart pumping!
How To Do The Spiderman Plank
- Get in a prone plank position on your elbows, lifting your knees off the ground.
- While engaging your core, lift your right knee up towards the outside of your right elbow.
- Repeat on the left side, lifting your left knee up to the outside of your left elbow.
- You can do the spiderman plank for a set amount of time (30 or 45 secs) or do a set number of reps on each side.
Spiderman Plank Benefits & Muscles Worked
The rotational movement of the exercise also helps to strengthen the entire core.
The spiderman plank also helps to improve hip mobility, which can decrease lower back pain by loosening tight muscles and increase knee health.
Spiderman Plank Variations
How To Make It Easier
- Start in a forearm plank, lifting one foot off the ground for a few seconds, lower it, then raise the other foot.
- As you become more comfortable, you can begin lifting and then rotating your foot to the side. Doing this will help you gain stabilization needed for the full motion of the spiderman plank.
How To Make It Harder
- Instead of a low plank position, start in a high plank with your hands directly under your elbows and shoulders.
- Extend your opposite arm forward as you perform the plank.
Spiderman Pushup Plank
This variation will engage your arms and shoulders and your core.
- Get into a high plank position, with hands directly under your elbows and shoulders.
- Lower into a pushup as you bring your right knee forward to your right elbow.
- Then raise back up as you move your foot back to its original position.
- Repeat the same movement with your left leg.
Why Should You Perform Plank Exercises?
A plank is a very effective way to strengthen all of your core muscles, which will help you with many other exercises. Planks are also good for improving balance and spinal health because they provide an intense workout that strengthens the back while giving it more support than crunches alone can do. Many people think planks are about just holding yourself up on your elbows, but there’s so much more! You should try doing some simple variations like putting one hand behind their head or raising arm straight out from body and look at how different this exercise feels compared to if someone did these same moves flat on their back.
The best part: With only three sets per day (10 reps each), you’ll be getting stronger quickly
What Muscles Does The Spiderman Plank Work?
The Spiderman plank works the entire core (front and back) and the obliques. The back, chest muscles, the obliques, glutes, triceps, and shoulder muscles are also targeted.
How To Add The Exercise To My Workout Routine?
You can use the spiderman plank as a warm-up exercise at the beginning of your main workout. It will sufficiently warm your major muscle groups up after just a few minutes.
You could also add the spiderman plank to your core workout. It is an intense exercise, but because of that, you will see results more quickly. Be sure to take necessary breaks between sets and take rest days in between your workouts. Taking rest days will allow your muscles to repair and build.